Calm, peaceful, remote, fantastic!
We also did the usual fixing stuff, although this time we were unsuccessful. Our electronic wind indicator has been becoming increasingly unreliable. After much testing, I determined the problem was most likely the control head. We ordered a new one, but it didn’t fix the problem. Next, I climbed the mast to have a look at the transducer and found the ground pin to be loose. With help from Maryanne I managed to solder it back into place, which was a tremendously fiddly job. I didn’t think our chances were good, but we had to try something. After I reinstalled it, we still had no wind indication. Maryanne ordered a new transducer. We’ll try that next, when we get it.