Friday, March 14, 2008

Transport Woes!

Well, Kyle started the story, with flights canceled from Newark to London, I took a detour to ensure I could still arrive on the planned date. Arriving in the UK didn't make things much smoother - a 3 train journey turned into 5 trains, and a bus, and an arrival time 5 hours later than expected. The good news is I MADE it.

After a few days at the family home, reminding myself how to drive a manual (stick shift) and drive on the left side of the road, I traveled to visit my sister Sarah, and meet up with Kyle. Two minutes after I climbed into Sarah's car for a trip to the pub for dinner, her car died.. Dinner plans were delayed and we spent a few hours organizing tow trucks etc... Hmm.. I wonder if anyone else will be pleased to see me now?
Later in the week, I was a little nervous of boarding a ferry to Plymouth - Luckily there were no issues, so hopefully any jinx is over.

No comments: