Thursday, December 04, 2008

My life

[Kyle]After a trip in which I got to spend the night in the snow in Detroit (Ooooh, Detroit!) and Moncton, New Brunswick, I did get to go to the much warmer climate of Arizona for one day. Mom had apparently been waiting for me. There was potato soup, orange slices, fudge, oreos, cake, nuts and a big ol' bottle of tabasco. She was actually pretty good when I swore up and down that I could not eat all of that. I was so full by lunch that I had to beg her not to make anything for dinner, which she mercifully didn't. I'll go back in a couple of days and finish everything off.

For now I'm in Houston for a twice yearly simulator ride. The instructor tries to kill us, we try not to let him get away with it. It takes about six hours for the two of us (Captain and First Officer). It is not fun. I really should be trying to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ole Mom may be a bit out of practice, but I still try. I get to spoil you very seldom these days, so it all just piles up. Hmmm...I wonder how it would go if you walked into a cold kitchen with nothing but stale Fritos and yesterday's oatmeal to munch on. I take the hit for cooking/baking too much but I can't help but wonder...
Don't worry everyone. Kyle will pay for all this. My Christmas tree and decorations are all ready to be put up by someone TALL. Yeah!

kate said...

I think I got a cavity just reading that list! Kyle, you're a lucky guy - a mom like that to spoil you, and Maryanne waiting for you in your own Caribbean paradise.